To many students, writing and academic script are either fearful or tearful because it is a difficult thing to do. Truth be told, only the latter is valid and it is also very doable.
Contextually, you have completed a fixed set of courses over a number of years in response to the calling the Lord has established on your life.
- What is ‘sharp edge’ of that call?
You started your MyFiladelfia journey because you felt led to do so. You have accumulated much knowledge along the way, and it is now time to equip yourself toward the specifics of ‘the call.’
- How can you learn more about this ‘sharp edge?’
By pushing through. Your academic script is your choice of subject in line with ‘the call.’ MyFiladelfia will mentor, counsel and coach you in developing that ‘sharp edge.’
- How can you better understand all that God has called you to do?
By spending time in His Word, examining your heart, praying and talking to MyFiladelfia. Sometimes we do not see the whole pathway, but we know where to step next, by faith (Psalm 119:105).
- Would not be fantastic to research and learn more about a topic?
Yes, because there is always something more to learn.
- How do you feel about generating a resource not only for the next generation of students but for the current generation of Biblical Counsellors?
Hopefully excited, confident and inspired. MyFiladelfia believes in you.
An academic script:
- Is about gathering and transferring information.
- Information is everywhere; the Internet, books, articles and more. MyFiladelfia will help and guide you toward quality and easily accessible information.
- Has a reasonably predictable outcome.
- You know what is tugging at your heartstrings and you know what you want to research. MyFiladelfia will walk this path with you, step-by-step.
- Is formulating information is such a way that it is trustworthy.
- How do you feel about having an in-depth knowledge of your chosen script title? MyFiladelfia will coach you to formulate the results of gathering and to transfer information (PS…this is a useful life-skill).
- Done within the safety of a structure.
- The model of Osmer asks four things of you, (1) what is going on? (2) why is it going on? (3) what should be going on? Furthermore, (4) how might we respond.
- Written within the loving care of the MyFiladelfia family.
An experienced study mentor (Lizette, Craig or Rika) will always be at your side.
Is it difficult? Yes. Is it rewarding? Yes. Will it broaden my understanding? Yes. Will it benefit my spiritual growth? Yes. Will it help me live out the call of God? Yes.
Some people are discouraged by the idea of hard work, which is understandable–in a secular context. However, in a theological context, hard work is done to the glory of God, and this changes your motive and makes the script work in your heart and spirit!
Many students always ask me, “but what if I fail?” I answer, “yes, but what if you succeed? What if you finish the journey you started on?”